Video is the furure of Content marketing: Here’s why
Video is the Future of Content Marketing. Do a simple search online for marketing ideas and you will see that the overriding focus is video marketing. Video has become so easy to consume via tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices. It has become THE must have marketing tool available for every business.
But how did video become so popular?
Humans are just so visual. We love to take photos, watch movies, play video games, watch art observe other people and their behavior. Off course these media are all different, but what they have in common is that it is all visual and easy to absorb.
If we see a video advertisement, we are way more likely to click on it than on a written ad. Video just engages more as it is applying to our senses in a different way. It can communicate speech, music, emotions…
45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week. More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day. More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years. 87% of online marketers use video content. (link)
But video has been around since a few decades, computer also, so what has changed? There are 2 things:
1. First, our smartphones are just the most wonderful devices for watching a video. When the first iPhone came out, critics said that people wouldn’t want to watch a whole film or TV series on their smartphone. Off course they could not predict the future, but how wrong were they! Look around you and see how everyone is nailed to their little screens. People just love it and by now consume most of there content via their smartphones.
2. The second thing is the connectivity. If you remember the old ADSL phone connection back at the beginning of the internet, you will know what a big change this has been. We take it for granted but we can now get a high level of connectivity, wherever we are in the world and without being attached to a phone socket.
The ROI of video
When we talk to potential client here at SEE Visuals, we always encounter the objection of production cost, and they are right. Video production in Denver, or anywhere else, is more expensive than older styles of marketing to produce. But on the flip side, video just delivers a way better ROI and it has a longer shelve life. It conveys your message perfectly and it functions like a copy of yourself (if you are an entrepreneur), or as a 24/7 sales team that doesn’t vacations and works on holidays. Your video doesn’t take time, doesn’t have sick children and in case of a pandemic, it is right there. Ready to bring in more customers.
1. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
2. Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
3. 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
4. Social video generates 12 times more shares than text and images combined.
5. Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs.
6. Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.
It Works for Your Website and Social Media
Another thing that has changed in recent years is the number of different social media sites that have adopted video.
You didn’t use to see a video on your Facebook or Twitter timeline. Now they’re every other second post. Video is highly adaptable to different platforms whether your audience is on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or Pinterest. Often the results for a Native posted video on these media are more effective than a link from other websites like YouTube.
It’s Shared More Than Any Other Content
Because it is the most popular online content by far, video is more widely shared than written and pictorial content. If people are engaged by a video message, they are keen to press that share button.
That’s the real reason that video delivers such a strong ROI and is the Future of Content Marketing
You have the potential to reach a much wider, bigger audience than ever before simply through the act of sharing.
It takes a lot of time and effort to put together a video production and we’re not saying it’s easy. Get it right, however, and you’ll have a marketing asset that is not only durable but will continue to work for your business across a wide range of media for some time to come. It will engage customers and it will deliver greater numbers of conversions.